The 1st GCLS Presentation Competition
-This is how my research will impact society-
GCLS will hold a presentation competition with the aim of fostering researchers who can connect technology and society. GCLS seeks out early career researchers who study cutting-edge science and technology to tackle problems that affect the real world, and awards them for their perspectives and research, thereby fostering human resources who use cutting-edge technology to solve social issues. We will continue to follow up and support the award winners.
Theme: This is how my research will impact society
Date and time: September 12, 2020 (Sat) 13:00-16:00
Registration is required for presentation. The presenters will be selected based on the contents of the title and abstract if there are too many applicants.
Organizer: Global Creative Leaders Society
Supporter: DENTSU Scholarship Foundation
Call for Presentations
- Theme: This is how my research will impact society
We invite presentations on your own research topic and results, which will contribute to solving any social issues. (Philosofy of GCLS). The contents that have been published or presented elsewhere will be also accepted.
- Qualification: Undergraduate students, graduate students, early career researchers (who is within eight years of the award of the PhD)
- The presentation time is scheduled to be 6 minutes, but may be changed depending on the number of presenters. (Added on August 26th)
- Submission deadline:
August 28, 2020 August 30, 2020 Application period has ended.
- Notification of acceptance:
August 31, 2020 An e-mail was sent to all the applicants at 10:30AM on August 31, 2020 JST.
Social ICT Award (First Prize, extra prize: JPY200K)
First Runner-up Prize (extra prize: JPY100K)
Research Encouragement Award (extra prize: research grant JPY100K)
Audience Award (extra prize: JPY50K)
*The winner of Research Encouragement Award will be selected from the students of GCL/IIW program.
*We will continue to follow up and support the award winners for approximately one year. We may ask them to report their research progress.
- The evaluation is based on six aspects: relevance to solving social issues using information and communication technology (ICT), structure of presentation, presentation materials, posture (speaking speed, clarity of voice, facial expressions, etc.), enthusiasm, and time.
Administration office of The 1st GCLS presentation competition: firstname.lastname@example.org